Collaborative Graduate Nurse Program 2022 – Graduate Registered Nurse (64 hours per fortnight)
Alexandra District Health is seeking candidates for Graduate Registered Nurse positions to participate in our 12 month Graduate Nurse Program. This program is a collaborative Graduate Nurse Program in partnership with Eastern Health.
Alexandra District Health is the major health service within the Shire of Murrindindi and has a long and proud history in health-related service provision to the area, providing inpatient, outpatient and primary health services.
This unique program offers the Graduate Nurse both a rural and metropolitan experience with 6 month rotations, one at Alexandra, the other at one of Eastern Health’s sites.
Reporting to the Manager Acute and Urgent Care and the Manager Training and Development, the Graduate Registered Nurse is responsible for the care of inpatients on our 25 bed acute medical surgical ward, and participation in our dynamic program. The program includes study days and the opportunity to experience other areas of our Health Service including the Urgent Care Centre, Operating Theatre, and Primary Health services.
Key performance & eligibility criteria for this position includes:
- Newly registered Registered Nurse within first year of practice, eligible for PMCV registration
- Demonstrates a commitment to fulfilling the requirements of the 12 month program
- Has an interest in the dynamic opportunities and challenges faced working in a rural setting
- Reflect ADH & EH core values & behaviours
- Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal, communication & organisation skills
- Willingness to be proactive in taking on learning opportunities
- Strong commitment to providing a high level of patient centred care
The Graduate Registered Nurse will be well supported with orientation and supernumery days, a preceptor, nursing educators, and a friendly collaborative team environment. Subsidised accommodation is available for Graduate Nurses during their Alexandra rotation.
For questions regarding this position prior to the application process, or to arrange a site visit, please contact Natasha Bowater, Manager Training and Development at Natasha.Bowater@adh.org.au
How To Apply
To apply candidates must respond to key themes in the advertisement and be eligible for registration with PMCV allocation placement service.
Applications must include the following:
- 1 page cover letter
- curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages)
- certified academic transcript
- 2 recent clinical appraisals – summative assessment
- 1 employment or volunteer referee
- 1 clinical placement referee
Please address your application to Natasha Bowater, Manager Training and Development at Alexandra District Health and submit by email to Natasha.Bowater@adh.org.au
Applications close strictly on Friday 9th July 2021.