Become a Member of the Community Engagement Committee
If you are a community-minded person, who can improve consumer, carer and community participation in service planning at Alexandra District Health, we’d love to hear from you.
The Community Engagement Committee is a strategic advisory committee to the Alexandra District Health Board. Our community representatives are an integral part of the Alexandra District Health Volunteer Program.
We are looking for people who…
- Demonstrate understanding of the local community and local health issues.
- Are active members of the local community with strong community networks.
- Are able to consider community issues at a strategic level, with a focus on the benefit of the community as a whole.
- Have strong communication skills.
- Reflect the following qualities: Integrity, honesty, respect of other views, objectivity, strategic thinking, leadership, being inclusive.
As part of the committee, you would…
- Provide advice to the Board on community participation and inclusion of consumer, carer, and community views into all levels of health service operations, planning and policies.
- Advocate to the Board on behalf of the community, consumers and carers.
- Advise the Board on priorities and issues requiring consumer, carer and community participation.
- Assist the Board and Executive in communication and engagement with the consumers and community.
- Assist with the development of information for consumers and the community.
Meetings are held either in person or virtually on the third Wednesday of each month at 5:30pm. For more information about the Community Engagement Committee, please email AlexandraCEC@adh.org.au. Successful applicants are required to satisfactorily complete a Police Records Check prior to appointment.
A Position Description, Application Form and Terms of Reference can be viewed below.