Become a Member of the Community Engagement Committee
If you are a community-minded person, who can improve consumer, carer and community participation in service planning at Alexandra District Health, we’d love to hear from you.
The Community Engagement Committee is a strategic advisory committee to the Alexandra District Health Board. Our community representatives are an integral part of the Alexandra District Health Volunteer Program.
We are looking for people who…
- Demonstrate understanding of the local community and local health issues.
- Are active members of the local community with strong community networks.
- Are able to consider community issues at a strategic level, with a focus on the benefit of the community as a whole.
- Have strong communication skills.
- Reflect the following qualities: Integrity, honesty, respect of other views, objectivity, strategic thinking, leadership, being inclusive.
As part of the committee, you would…
- Provide advice to the Board on community participation and inclusion of consumer, carer, and community views into all levels of health service operations, planning and policies.
- Advocate to the Board on behalf of the community, consumers and carers.
- Advise the Board on priorities and issues requiring consumer, carer and community participation.
- Assist the Board and Executive in communication and engagement with the consumers and community.
- Assist with the development of information for consumers and the community.
Virtual meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 6pm. For more information about the Community Engagement Committee, please email AlexandraCEC@adh.org.au. Successful applicants are required to satisfactorily complete a Police Records Check prior to appointment.
A Position Description, Application Form and Terms of Reference can be viewed below.