Graduate Nurse Programs
Alexandra District Health (ADH) has partnered with Eastern Health (EH) to offer a unique and exciting opportunity of both rural and metropolitan nursing during the graduate year. Eastern Health is the nearest metropolitan referral centre from Alexandra. This program is a 12-month pathway, including a six-month rotation at EH in a general nursing rotation, and a six-month rotation at ADH in the acute services department, working on the general medical/surgical ward & urgent care centre, with opportunities to experience discovery days in perioperative services & primary health. This pathway provides understanding and appreciation for the rewards and challenges of working in a rural health service as well as a metropolitan health service. Both EH and ADH have tailored support available during each rotation to assist graduates in their transition to both clinical settings.
Each year Eastern Health & Alexandra District Health host information sessions providing an overview of our graduate nurse program. This covers the recruitment processes including support with application and interview tips, opportunities for you as an Eastern Health/Alexandra District Health employee, & it’s a great chance for you to meet and ask questions with the Transition to Practice team. Tickets are free, but need to be pre-booked via Eventbrite. Please see Eastern Health’s website https://www.easternhealth.org.au/careers/graduate-nurses-midwives for further details on our information sessions and how to book.
As part of the collaborative Graduate Nurse Program, Alexandra District Health offers:
- A 6-month rotation working on the acute general medical/surgical ward & Urgent Care Centre (the other 6 months will be at Eastern Health).
- Opportunities to experience discovery days in our Perioperative and Primary Health services.
- 4 x Graduate positions per annum, 0.8 EFT (8 shifts per fortnight).
- Support from an allocated nurse preceptor and Training and Development team
- Participation in Graduate Nurse specific study days and learning opportunities
- Development of an understanding of the benefits working in both a rural and metropolitan setting will provide, and the diverse experiences these settings offer.
- Subsidised fully furnished accommodation is available at Alexandra, located next door to the main hospital site.
Applications for the Eastern Health/Alexandra District Health pathway must be addressed to & submitted directly to Natasha Bowater, Manager Training & Development (ADH), by email Natasha.Bowater@adh.org.au . Applicants must also apply to PMCV.
Application must include:
- Cover letter – maximum 1 page
- Resume- maximum 2 pages
- Certified copy of your latest academic transcript with grading key
- 2 x clinical appraisals most relevant to your preferred pathway
If you would like more information on our graduate nurse program or to arrange a visit to our Health Service, please contact Natasha Bowater, Manager Training and Development on Natasha.Bowater@adh.org.au or phone (03) 5772 0888.
Application close strictly on Friday the 8th of July, 2022, as per PMCV guidelines.