Graduate Nurse Programs
Alexandra District Health (ADH) has partnered with Eastern Health (EH) to offer a blended metropolitan & rural pathway for your 12 month Graduate Nurse Program.
This unique and exciting opportunity includes a six-month rotation at EH in a general nursing rotation, and a six-month rotation at ADH in the acute services department, working on the general medical/surgical ward & urgent care centre, with opportunities to experience discovery days in perioperative services & primary health. This pathway provides understanding and appreciation for the rewards and challenges of working in a rural health service as well as a metropolitan health service. Both EH and ADH have tailored support available during each rotation to assist graduates in their transition to both clinical settings.
The Eastern Health/Alexandra District Health (Metro/Rural) collaborative program is one of 6 pathways offered by Eastern Health. To find out more, go to https://www.easternhealth.org.au/careers/graduate-nurses-midwives#pathways-rotations
As part of the collaborative Graduate Nurse Program with Eastern Health, Alexandra District Health offers:
- A 6-month rotation working on the acute general medical/surgical ward & Urgent Care Centre (the other 6 months will be at one of Eastern Health’s sites).
- Opportunities to experience discovery days in our Perioperative and Primary Health services.
- 0.8 EFT (8 shifts per fortnight).
- Support from an allocated nurse preceptor and Training and Development team
- Participation in Graduate Nurse specific study days and learning opportunities
- Development of an understanding of the benefits working in both a rural and metropolitan setting will provide, and the diverse experiences these settings offer.
- Subsidised fully furnished accommodation is available at Alexandra, located next door to the main hospital site.
Information sessions for our 2024 Graduate Registered Nurse program will be held online, on the following dates:
- 11th May 2023
- 30th May 2023
- 6th June 2023
To view the session times and secure your place, please book your (free) ticket at Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/eastern-health-2024-graduate-nursing-midwifery-program-info-session-registration-601788123477
There is a two step application process for our 2024 Graduate (Registered) Nursing program:
- List your preferred Eastern Health (Alexandra District Health) Pathway/s (you may list multiple) as one of your preferences via PMCV Allocation Placement Service gnmp.pmcv.com.au (GNMP specific login & register for an account form). Create an account with PMCV then apply to the PMCV match after it opens on the 5th of June, 2023.
- All applications must be received online via Eastern Health EH-Mercury (under Nursing Professional Opportunities) and linked to the job advertisement, or directly to; Manager People and Culture (ADH), by email Peopleandculture@adh.org.au.
Please note: There have been recent changes to the eligibility criteria for the Allocation Placement Service matching process – Australian Trained Temporary Residents (ATTR) also known as international candidates can participate. Please check gnmp.pmcv.com.au for further details. Applications close on the 7th of July, in line with PMCV Allocation Placement Service’s key dates published on their website https://gnmp.pmcv.com.au/key-dates/
Applications must include:
- Cover letter – maximum 1 page
- Resume – maximum 2 pages
- Include a table summary of clinical placements with date and placement type
- Certified copy of your latest academic transcript with grading key
- 2 x most recent acute clinical appraisals
Eastern Health & Alexandra District Health will conduct face to face interviews, usually during July & August.
If you would like more information on our graduate nurse program or to arrange a visit to our Health Service, please review the Eastern Health Graduate Nursing & Midwifery Programs information booklet at https://www.easternhealth.org.au/images/GNMP_Program_Booklet_RN_-_May22.pdf or contact the ADH People and Culture Department, on Peopleandculture@adh.org.au or phone (03) 5772 0900.